TOP 5 Professional POWERED speakers for Public Address / Stage Monitors – 2020
Powered speakers, also known as active speakers which have built-in amplifiers. Powered speakers are used in various applications like live events, institutions worship places and much more .They are used as the main speakers facing the audience and the monitor speakers facing the performers.They can be connected directly to a mixing console or the preamp which is inbuilt in them can be used for smaller applications. In such cases the microphones or any audio signal can be connected directly to the speaker.
Powered speakers are known for their compactness and simplicity. Additionally the amplifier can be designed to closely match the optimal requirements of the speaker it will power; and the speaker designer is not required to include a passive crossover, decreasing production cost and possibly sound quality. The need to supply both the audio signal and power to every unit separately, typically requiring two cables to be run to each speaker is the disadvantage but can handle for its user-friendly enclosure.
selecting the right speakers for your application depends on its power, drivers and preamps.
we are going to compare the details and specifications of each and every powered speakers on the basis of the feedback from professionals.
1.QSC K12.2 12″ Powered Speaker
QSC is well known for audio quality, and their K.2 Series takes their quality up with improved power distribution efficiency, better DSP controls via LCD, user adjustable crossover, and better floor wedge angle. The K12.2 is louder than its previous model, with a max SPL of 132 dB. With its 12″ woofer, you can expect the resulting sound to be full with good low end, yet it is still compatible with sub-woofers, thanks to its user adjustable crossover frequency.
The speaker works in a variety of orientations and configurations for use as a main PA or stage monitor. When used as a main speaker, a pair of K12.2s is well equipped to cover 300+ audience
The highly efficient 2000W Class-D amplifier powers the 12″ woofer and 1.4″ titanium compression driver, which provide full-range audio (50 Hz to 20 kHz) with a sound pressure level powerful enough to ensure the entire audience can hear your performance. QSC’s Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) matches the coverage angle of the woofer at the crossover frequency with the horn pattern to ensure a uniform response across the coverage area (75° axisymetric). The Intrinsic Correction techniques ensure a smooth power response resulting in accurate performance in a wide range of acoustic spaces with little or no EQ.
- Best in class audio performance
- 2000 Watt Class-D amplifier module
- Intrinsic Correction™ tuning and loudspeaker management
- Directivity Matched Transition™ (DMT) design provides excellent power response and consistent performance across the listening area
- Refined, professional appearance looks great in any application
- Rugged ABS enclosure for long life and lasting durability
- Deployment in either main PA or floor monitor position
- Factory Presets and savable/recallable Scenes for commonly-used application
- Multi-function digital display for control and selection of loudspeaker functions including cross-over, EQ, delay and frequency contour
- Dual pole cup mounts (standard and 7.5 degree down-tilt)
- M10 fittings for flown applications
- Optional security panel prevents unauthorized tampering of controls
- Complete EASE and CAD information available online
- 6-Year Warranty (with product registration)
QSC K12.2. is value for money and its known for its clarity and quality.
2.JBL PRX812w 12″ Two-Way Full-Range Main System and Floor Monitor with Wi-Fi
The JBL PRX812 is a full-range speaker designed for main system and floor monitor applications. Featuring a 12”, two-way, bass-reflex design powered by a 1500-watt class-D amplifier, PRX812 delivers incredible volume in a lightweight and compact form factor.
Well suited for event halls, bands, DJ systems, clubs, bars, schools, and churches, the speaker utilizes two 750W Class-D amplifiers delivering a total of 1500W to the 12″ woofer and 1.5″ compression driver, which combine to offer a frequency range of 52 Hz to 20 kHz at 135 dB maximum SPL output.
The built-in Wi-Fi offers wireless control of the system from anywhere in the venue using the free PRX Connect app for iOS and Android devices. The app controls levels, parametric EQ, user presets, and up to 50ms of user-defined delay to fine-tune your setup. The durable 18mm plywood enclosure is coated with an Obsidian DuraFlex finish and a powder-coated steel grille with acoustical transparent black-cloth backing.
- Built-in Wi-Fi for wireless control of your system from anywhere in the venue
- Free PRX Connect mobile app for iOS and Android provides wireless control over volume levels, 8-band parametric EQ and up to 50ms of speaker delay to fine-tune your sound
- Class-leading 1500-watt amplifier delivers ample power to fill your venue
- JBL Differential Drive® transducers for higher SPL in a lightweight design
- Next-generation JBL neodymium compression drivers
- Redesigned Crown input technology, including XLR, 1/4” and RCA inputs plus XLR loop-through
- Intelligent variable-speed fan activates only when needed to reduce noise
- Updated tuning delivers flat frequency response and smooth off-axis behavior
- Durable wooden cabinets, tour-proven DuraFlex™ finish and dent-resistant 16-gauge grilles
- Universal power supply for worldwide compatibility
- dbx Type IV™ limiting ensures clear, accurate sound at high volumes
- Brutal testing regimen—including the famous JBL 100-hour power test—ensures reliable performance
The most impressive powered speakers with a warm sound output and the power to EQ.
3.Mackie SRM550 12″1600W High-Definition Powered Loudspeaker
The Mackie SRM550 1600W High-Definition Powered Loudspeaker delivers SRM ruggedness, output, clarity, and simplicity in a 12″ design that is suitable as a main or monitor. Truly built-like-a-tank, huge system power is paired with custom transducers within professional-grade, internally braced all-wood cabinets that redefine tough.
The loudspeaker features High-Definition Audio Processing, including acoustic correction DSP for high-definition sound plus system optimization tools like application-specific speaker modes and an accurate feedback destroyer. The integrated 2-channel mixer with Wide-Z inputs can handle any signal with ease. The loudspeaker delivers modern output, amazing sound, and the proven durability you demand from a portable loudspeaker.
- 1600W system power paired with custom transducers deliver gig-level volumes with room to spare
- 12″ high-output LF driver
- 1.4″ titanium dome compression driver
- Built-like-a-tank all-wood, internally-braced cabinet delivers professional-grade road-worthiness
- Rugged 18-gauge steel grille and fine-textured, sleek black cabinet finish
- Front ported for maximum low-end extension and punch
- High-Definition Audio Processing for professional sound with unmatched clarity
- Acoustic correction developed with touring geniuses at EAW
- Precision 2-way digital crossover
- Driver time alignment and phase correction
- Quick one-button Speaker Mode selection for application-specific voicing (PA, DJ, monitor, and soloist)
- Effortlessly eliminate nasty feedback with one-button automatic Feedback Destroyer
- Integrated 2-channel mixer featuring dual Wide-Z inputs
- Handles anything from microphones to guitars to mixers with a single twist of the gain knob
- Includes stereo RCA inputs for easy connection to music source
- Suitable for the singer / songwriter, plug in and leave the mixer at home
- Smart Protect DSP protects the speaker
- Monitor-specific 60° angle and voicing mode well-suited for cutting through on stage
Rugged and hard finish for long lasting ,worth for its price.
4.Electro-Voice ELX200-12P 12″ Powered speaker
ELX200-12P features high-efficiency Class-D power amplifiers 1200 W with integrated QuickSmartDSP, and delivers up to 130 dB SPL utilising transducers designed and engineered by EV 1. Powered full-range models allow easy setup via four presets -Music, Live, Speech, Club and sub/top system-match crossovers, three-band EQ, five user-programmable presets , visual monitoring of limiter status, input level control and meters, and master volume control to ensure optimal gain structure.
ELX200 powered models are ideal for portable and installed applications, with lightweight and durable polypropylene enclosures, three M10 threaded mounting points and the proven ZLX handle design for easy lifting.
The new QuickSmart Mobile wireless control and monitoring application, using Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE) technology, allows intuitive system control, configuration and monitoring of up to six powered ELX200 loudspeakers simultaneously. Receive alerts when your system is being overdriven, and control your system while in front of your speakers, not behind.
- 12″ woofer, 1″ titanium high-frequency compression driver
- 51 Hz to 20 kHz frequency range
- 1200W of Class-D power amplification
- SST (Signal Synchronized Transducer) waveguide contributes to 90° x 60° coverage
- Two XLR-1/4″ combo jack inputs and a stereo RCA coaxial input
- Input level controls and master volume
- Onboard DSP functions include four easy-setup presets, five user-programmable presets, 3-band EQ, sub/top system-match crossovers, and metering
- Single-knob user interface with LCD
- Supports wireless control and monitoring via Bluetooth
- Polypropylene enclosure with steel grill
- Integrated carry handles, pole mounts, and suspension points
simple and plug and play with hi definition sound.
5.Yamaha DXR12 MKII 12″ Powered Loud Speaker
The DXR mkII Series powered loudspeakers are the newly upgraded models of the series that add even more SPL and feature a larger, yet much lighter 1.75” Neodymium HF compression driver for extremely clear voice reproduction and musicality. Once again our team worked in tight collaboration with touring loudspeaker specialists NEXO, adding crucial insight and expertise that led to design improvements based on the ever-evolving demands of sound reinforcement professionals.
Whether for fixed applications or mobile live performances – whatever direction you want to take your sound – the DXR mkII Series is up to the task, combining raw power with our own proprietary advanced DSP functions for all the reliability and outstanding clarity you’ve come to expect from the DXR Series
- High-powered portable loudspeaker with multi-use flexibility
- 12″ speaker, powered by 1,100 watts of peak power in a 2-way design
- Built-in 3-channel mixer lets you connect microphones or line-level sources directly without an entire PA system
- Built-in DSP for phase optimization and transparent dynamic control
- ABS cabinet is durable, with a low-resonance design for maximum sound quality
Updated technology with more loudness.